My heart.

My heart.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nursery reveal

The moment has finally arrived! It feels like I have been talking about the nursery for 83483 weeks and it is finally FINISHED! :) It took A LOT of work, I'm not gonna lie... but it was worth every ounce of hard work and I am so happy with how it turned out.

I realized yesterday I didn't get a photo of the "whole room" so here are some crappy iPhone panorama pictures.



Here are the detail shots:

Scrapbook paper banner instructions
I wanted his name above the crib (which I know has become cliche by now) and wanted something modern... so I made the letters myself with the tutorial in the caption below.

Anthropologie knock-off letters
Pottery Barn crib sheets

Etsy print
Print no longer available on Etsy


The prints are quotes from my favorite song and favorite poem.

Coarkboard DIY
Pottery Barn Kids blackout curtains
The changing pad fits well on the dresser and it saved us from having to get a separate changing table. Diapers, wipes and lotions are in the baskets on each side. We'll see if this system lasts.... (P.S. we have a downstairs changing station set up in the pack 'n play since I know we won't be running upstairs for every diaper change.)

IKEA basket

Alphabet letters
IKEA spice rack (painted white)
Cube organizer
The lamp is from IKEA and is the perfect amount of lighting for nighttime feedings. As you can see he had WAY more books than what just fit in the wall shelves, I hope he likes to read! The navy boxes are from IKEA too I just can't remember what they are called.

Glider
This glider was a huge splurge for us, but I wanted something that was comfortable and that could eventually become a living room piece of furniture. It came in a box that didn't even fit in our front door! That totally worried me (will it fit up the stairs?!) but it was in 2 pieces and Matt said it luckily wasn't too heavy. It is SO SO SO comfortable. It reclines and has a pullout footrest. I'm worried I might fall asleep in it during feedings...

Nighstand
Prints
Rocking "horse", purchased on Zuilily
The rocking giraffe was obviously unnecessary this early but I saw it on Zuilily and couldn't resist.

IKEA drawer organizers
I organized his dresser drawers by size {Newborn & 0-3 months, 3-6 months, and 6-9 months). It took a while to figure out a system but this seems to work best. The rest of the sizes are in the closet for now.


I hung his sweaters and sleepers (and organized by size with these)... as you can see his closet is TINY so I had to make do. I got a closet organizer for extra storage which was helpful. The boppy pillows and newborn sleeper are stacked on top of his laundry hamper for now. :)

I'm so glad to have everything washed, put together, and organized. Now what will I do with my time?! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVEEEE the nursery!!! Everything looks so amazing and I'm not even saying that because you're my fav prego friend! I'm saving this for a few months down the road! Now, you can help me!! :) PS- 2 posts in one day?! Whoa, whoa, whoa missy, so ambitious of you!!

    ReplyDelete